Young Worker Toolkit Quiz Competition
Conditions of Entry
- By entering this competition, the Entrant(s) (“You/Your”) agree to be bound by these Conditions of Entry.
- The Commonwealth of Australia, acting through the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations, 50 Marcus Clarke Street ACT 2601 ABN: 63 578 775 294 (“the Department”) administers the Young Worker Toolkit Quiz Competition (“the Competition”).
- The Department has obtained permits form all the States and Territories which require a Trade Promotion Lottery Permit and the permit numbers are as follows: SA Permit No: T11/1201; NSW Permit No: LTPS/11/05361; ACT Permit No: ACT TP 11/02384.1
- Information on how to enter, and prize details, form part of these Conditions of Entry.
- For the avoidance of doubt, no process contract is created between You and the Department on the basis of these Conditions of Entry.
- Entry is free.
- You must meet the age requirements, that is, you must be a minimum of 15 years of age and a maximum of 24 years of age (inclusive) at 31 October 2011 to enter the Competition.
- Winners will be required to show proof of their age (e.g. copy of their driver’s license, passport, birth certificate, or equivalent official documentation) to verify their eligibility to enter the competition.
- You must be an Australian resident.
- Entry is not open to Departmental staff (including employees and contractors) or their immediate family members.
- To enter the competition You are required to complete the Young Worker Toolkit quiz and evaluation questions via the www.youngworkertoolkit.youth.gov.au website.
- The Competition starts on 4 July 2011.
- Only entries with at least 80 per cent of the quiz questions answered correctly (“Eligible Entries”) will be entered into the draw to win a prize.
- You are entitled to one Eligible Entry into the Competition. If You enter more than once, the Department may in its sole discretion either disqualify You entirely or determine that only Your entry with the most correct answers (provided that it is an Eligible Entry) will be entered into the draw. The Department will not be held liable if an error is made in which entry it selects. The Department’s decision is final.
- Entries will be submitted automatically via the website when You click ‘submit’.
- You may receive verification that Your submission has been received, but that is at the discretion of the Department.
- You may receive feedback on the accuracy of Your entry after the entries have closed, but that is at the discretion of the Department.
- Entries close 11.59 pm AEST 31 October 2011.
Prizes and Awards
- The only available prizes are 10 black 16GB iPhone 4 mobile smartphones valued at $859.00 each.
- Of the ten prizes, the Department will first draw one winner from each from the following Australian States and Territories: the Australian Capital Territory; the Northern Territory; New South Wales; Queensland; South Australia; Victoria; Tasmania; and Western Australia.
- Winners are only eligible to win once.
- All remaining Eligible Entries from every State and Territory will be pooled and the remaining two winners will be drawn from the combined pool of Eligible Entries, irrespective of State or Territory.
- All winners will be drawn at random (‘barrel draw’) from the Eligible Entries.
- Winners will be drawn on 7 November 2011 at 2:00 pm at the Department at level 6, 50 Marcus Clarke Street, Canberra ACT, 2601.
- The Department’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be announced on 11 November 2011.
- Winners’ names and state or territory will be published on the www.youngworkertoolkit.youth.gov.au website within 14 days of the draw and will remain on the website for three months from the date of the announcement of the winners.
- Winners will be notified by email and phone within 21 days of the competition being drawn, to arrange postage or collection of the prize.
- If a prize is not claimed within three months of the initial draw, or for some other reason redraw becomes necessary, the Department will conduct a redraw for that prize from the remaining Eligible Entries in the relevant categories.
- The redraw, if required, will take place on the 7 February 2012 at 2:00 pm at the Department at level 6, 50 Marcus Clarke Street, Canberra ACT, 2601.
- Entrants under 16 years of age at the time of submission for the entry must have permission from a parent or legal guardian to be eligible to enter the competition. The Department may in its discretion verify that parental permission has been obtained prior to awarding a prize to a winner who was under 16 years old at 31 October 2011.
Department’s Rights and Obligations
- The Department reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants including an entrant’s identity, age and residence in Australia and (where the entrant is under 16 years old) that the entrant has obtained parental permission to enter.
- The Department accepts no responsibility for prizes not claimed by 31 January 2012.
- Entries that are deemed indecent, defamatory or inappropriate by the Department will not be accepted.
- You agree to indemnify the Department for any loss or damage arising from your use, ownership or loss of the prize; and from your entry into this Competition.
- The Department reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify this Competition, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Competition, as reasonably determined by the Department subject to State and Territory legislation. If the Competition is terminated the Department may determine the winners from among all Eligible Entries received up to the time termination using the judging procedure outlined above.
- The Department reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be acting fraudulently or in violation of the Conditions of Entry.
- The Department manages information collected from entrants in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. The Department may use and publish Your name, State/Territory, and Age on http://youngworkertoolkit.youth.gov.au for the purposes of announcing the winners of the Competition. Your personal information will not be used for any other purpose, added to any mailing list or disclosed to any person or organisation without your consent unless such disclosure is permitted pursuant to the Privacy Act 1988 or otherwise specified in the Conditions of Entry.